Modelling Interests and Meetings
The Garden City Model Railroad Club currently has a membership of approximately 50 members, covering all age groups and from diverse backgrounds. The club has no restrictions on the type of modelling interests pursued by its members and this is reflected in the variety of layouts and projects undertaken.
Monday nights are set aside as activity/meeting nights for its members and visitors are welcome to attend with prior arrangement.
Some Benefits of Club Membership
- Operation of the club's layouts at local and 'away' exhibitions as well as on public open days
- Layout running sessions on club nights
- Participation in building, improvement and maintenance of the club's layouts and clubrooms
- Receive the club newsletter
- Access to our reference library
- Opportunity to develop meeting skills
- Internet listing of member’s layouts/club Email access
- Training sessions, demonstrations & guest speakers
- Awards/achievement programme
- Social events
- Comradeship, advice & assistance from other club members
The subscription includes a monthly copy of 'The Sleeper' - the club newsletter. The club has no separate joining fee, only an annual subscription of NZ$100* for adults. Although most members fall into this category, there is also available a 'student' subscription rate of NZ$50* for junior members.
Companies and corporations are welcome to apply for membership or to become a sponsor.
No matter where in the world you are, you can join the club! There is no joining fee, only an annual membership fee of NZ$50*. Included in the benefits is a copy of the club's monthly newsletter.
Becoming a member
Prospective members are invited to contact the club to arrange for a visit and/or further information.
*Note: Club fees are reviewed on an annual basis.